Communication Skills Training
Communication Skills Keynotes, Consulting & Workshops
I Think I Know What I Think You Said
How To Avoid Misunderstandings and Get Your Message Across
Learn to increase understanding and reduce conflict by using the preferred language patterns of each person you communicate with.
In this highly interactive program you will discover your natural representational system (how you absorb and retain information), how memories are formed, and how to use this insight to communicate with people individually and in groups in powerful ways that will make sure that messages are understood and remembered. Learn how to instantly adapt the words you are using to speak in the personal mental and emotional language that is easiest and most natural for each person you meet.
- Get better results from every interaction by instantly identifying and adapting to the natural representational system of each person
- Create support for your ideas and programs by delivering powerful presentations that will speak directly to each person in the audience
- Build rapport by using words that deliver your message in a way that lets the listener know that you understand them
- Smooth and improve business and personal relationships by using the word patterns preferred by your listener
- Understand your own natural representational system and use it to your advantage
The Magic Of Communication Styles
An Easy Way To Craft And Deliver Messages That Everyone Will Understand
Create clear, persuasive communications by using your natural communication tendencies to your advantage and quickly adapting to others as necessary
Effective communication is the foundational skill that makes you a better leader, manager, or team member. In this interactive session you will learn an easy-to-use communication model you can use to understand your natural tendencies and adapt your natural style as needed so you can deliver easily understood and appropriate messages to a variety of individuals and audiences. If you have someone you have trouble communicating with, you will learn why and what to do about it.
- Facilitate the communication necessary to implement initiatives by using your natural strengths and compensating for your weaknesses
- Solve communication problems by understanding the natural conflict between different communication styles and compensating for it
- Build more productive teams by uncovering group communication patterns and balancing the natural styles of the team
- Adapt your natural communication style to that of the listener so your message is easily understood
The New Way To Solve Problems And Get Cooperation
You will learn how to reduce conflict and increase cooperation by understanding what people really mean by what they are saying even in the most difficult situations.
Effective communication is one-third talking and two-thirds listening. In this session you will learn to use the new science of reflective listening to understand what the speaker is really saying and respond in ways that stop conflict, build rapport, and strengthen relationships. Learn to use physiology, feedback loops, emotional validation, bounce-back questions, and other proven strategies to build safety, break down defensiveness, and encourage open and productive communication. By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Listen reflectively to understand the true meaning, context, motive, and reasoning behind any communication.
- Use emotional validation to encourage others to share their views and concerns and understand their feelings and emotions even if you don’t agree with them.
- Welcome other points of view without becoming defensive even if past experience has been negative.
- Apply the four types of deeper dive questions to gather information and clarify ambiguity.
- Defuse conflict quickly by using the “neutral” listening physiology to let others know they are being heard.